I have decided to continue writing about the trip as I remember things that happened. I the stories I wrote there hardly touches all the things I see and experienced there- I hope to be able to share more. I will be able to add my own photos now! That will be fun to share them!
When we landed in DC- All I could think about was getting a McFlurry ice cream at McD's! I really don't eat them when I'm here but ice cream sure sounded yummy! Kathryn made a special stop for me! It was very tasty with the M&M's in it!
I think I see my life different now. I wish I was able to share how I now view my life but I am still processing it all myself. I do know that my faith in God has grown much deeper and I have a better understanding of how precious God’s people are to Him. How important it is to seek Gods guidance in everything I do- not just in what I think are 'big' decisions. God is very interested in every bit of my life and I need to seek Him through it all. I'm feeling a little disappointed in my self that I still have the same struggles here now as before I left. It is interesting to me that there are certain struggles that I didn't even think about once while I was gone but they were all waiting for me when I got back! I think that God has made me be stronger or maybe I am more willing now to be able to put up a better fight against these struggles. God sure has given me a great responsibility in many things; I pray that I won’t disappoint him.
The flight was almost three hours flighing just above the clouds. It was nice to see the land below and where people are living. It was cool to see the base of Mt Kenya. The top was hidden by the clouds. Many people live at the base- it is pretty green there from the snow melt.
Once we got in the Land Cruser the children came there looking at us through the window and putting their hands on the glass. I would hold up mine on my side of the window and they would grin and start to act shy again!
Once the plan took off to go back to Nairobi we were able to drive to the Ramata Hotel where we were going to call home for the next week. We placed our bags in our room, freshened up a bit and headed off to go visit the school! They had been waiting for us all day and were excited for our coming. I was excited to get there too, I was anxious to meet all the kids and get to know them. When we pulled up to the gate they were all waiting (176 children) clapping their hands and smiling! Many of their families came to welcome us as well a
nd the Chief!
This in Buke (booka), My sponsor child. This is taken on the home visit were I got to meet her family and see where she lives. I will load more photos of her later.

Amazing,don't know what else to say, look forward to more stories and pictures. You are doing a great job posting your feelings and telling of the trip. I have heard how happy the people are in Africa and how close to God. Thanx again for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLove, Bessie
I love the picture of you with Buke!
ReplyDelete